« Home

This job ad has been posted over 60 days ago...

0

applicants

Environmental Analyst V Full-time

at State of Vermont in Vermont (Published at 28-08-2019)

Overview
The Department of Environmental Conservation is currently seeking an State Revolving Fund (SRF) Project Development Specialist. The Drinking Water State Revolving Fund (DWSRF) is housed in the Water Infrastructure Financing Programs within the Water Infrastructure Finance & Development Division (WIFDD).
Approximately 75% of this position will be dedicated to DWSRF Project Development. This position will perform a wide range of financial, programmatic, and project management activities. The remaining 25% would support implementation of a municipal affordability program including promotion of technology solutions and natural infrastructure.
A successful candidate would:
Take pride in providing excellent customer service to loan applicants and their consultants to assist them with the public financing process.
Have strong program development skills. Natural infrastructure and technology for municipal affordability are relatively new additions to the SRF programmatic offerings and will need significant policy development, external partner outreach, and internal departmental coordination efforts.
Have continuous process improvement in their DNA and would be able to show demonstrated examples of their "LEAN" capabilities. This position will join a passionate, high functioning team that believes in documentation of policies and always seeks to improve workflow efficiency.
Have a strong desire to develop professionally in the field of environmental finance to help the state meet its complex water quality goals.
Demonstrate interest and ability to learn complex federal and state statute and regulations and have an ability to explain these requirements to a diverse audience of municipal officials, select boards, and consulting engineers. This position will complete outreach and marketing efforts to ensure projects are developed for funding.
Please submit a cover letter and resume clearly detailing your interest and experience as it relates to the outlined work.
Who May Apply
This position, Environmental Analyst V - SRF Project Development Specialist (Job Requisition #2453) , is open to all State employees and external applicants.
If you would like more information about this position, please contact Terisa Thomas at Terisa.Thomas@vermont.gov or 802-249-2413
Please note that multiple positions in the same work location may be filled from this job posting.
Resumes will not be accepted via e-mail. You must apply online to be considered.
Environmental Factors
Duties are largely performed in an office setting; however, some field travel may be necessary for which private means of transportation must be available. Field work may involve exposure to chemicals, gases, hazardous liquid and solid waste, and construction sites during all weather conditions; and may involve traversing rough terrain and bodies of water. Some work outside of regular working hours, including attendance at public meetings, may be required. Strong differences of opinion may be encountered on a regular basis.
Minimum Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in a biological-life or physical science, engineering, or an environmental or natural resources field AND four (4) years or more at a professional level in a natural resources field.
OR
Master's degree or higher in a biological-life or physical science, engineering, or an environmental or natural resources field AND two (2) years or more at a professional level in a natural resources field.
OR
One (1) year or more of experience as an Environmental Analyst IV or two (2) years or more as an Environmental Analyst III.
Total Compensation As a State employee you are offered a great career opportunity, but it's more than a paycheck. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits that are worth about 30% of your total compensation, including:
80% State paid medical premium
Dental Plan at no cost for employees and their families
Flexible Spending healthcare and childcare reimbursement accounts
Two ways to save for your retirement: A State defined benefit pension plan and a deferred compensation 457(b) plan
Work/Life balance: 11 paid holidays each year and a generous leave plan; many jobs also allow for a flexible schedule
Low cost group life insurance
Tuition Reimbursement
Incentive-based Wellness Program
Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Want the specifics? Explore the Benefits of State Employment on our website. Equal Opportunity Employer The State of Vermont is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applications from women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and people from diverse cultural backgrounds are encouraged.


Recent jobs at State of Vermont


Viewed: 82 times
« Go back to category
Is this job ad fake? Report it!   
Recommend to a friend
« Home